Flashlines

Sunday 6th November

Now this is something I was worrying about...

Having read so many other blogs and having seen the car arrive with ragged wheel arches that cut our hands to ribbons when lifting the shell out of the van I was seriously worried that the very first stage of my build was going to run into complications

Ragged wheel arch and rear quarter flashline

Using a stanley blade in a window scraper attachment and a small hand file, I removed the excess flashing and burrs on the wheel on and rear quarter.

Then, armed with 400, 800 and 1200 grit wet n dry paper and a rubber sanding block, I set to work on the rubbing down process.

After a couple of hours of work with light fading, I hung up my tools for the day feeling pretty satisfied. It wasn't until I was able to reinspect my handiwork in natural light that I could see further rubbing down would be required (there was still the subtle hint of a mould line showing near the arch and between the rear light cluster and the boot lid opening).




No comments:

Post a Comment