Flashlines (3)

Saturday 17th December

Haven't updated my blog for a while as I've been struggling to find time to work on the Cobra so there  hasn't been much to say!!!

Spent a few hours this week working on flashlines again and I think I'm pretty much done now...


All external body side flashlines have now been removed using Stanley Blade Scraper and then rubbed down with wet n dry paper. Started with 400 grit and have worked through 800, 1200, 2000 and final rub down with 2500 ready for polishing.

As reported previously, had some trouble getting the flashlines smooth in the radiused areas but my co-builder, Ali, found a 'tear-drop' sanding block on eBay which is especially designed for the purpose and it has worked really well.

Have also removed flashlines around rear bulkhead and that leaves front bulkhead and some internal flashlines to sort out - but these can wait til the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment